Alghorba TV streaming all day in Arabic from Sydney Australia. please stay with us.. and enjoy our programs

Miranda Kerr stars in David Jones



ninemsn

Video

The changing of the guard is complete with Australian model Miranda Kerr stepping out in her first David Jones season launch.

Sydney born Kerr, 25, has taken over from Megan Gale as the retailer's "fashion ambassador".

In her inaugural catwalk outing, Kerr headed the unveiling of David Jones' summer 2008 collection.

"It's a bit of a relief," Kerr told reporters after the show in Sydney.

"In the back of my mind it's like "OK, I hope my shoe doesn't come off".

"It was very enjoyable, I had a great time."

Kerr stepped out in a hot pink one piece swimsuit by Jets and she also wore a feathered head dress to open the show.

Other designs on show included 50s style skirts and frilled dresses with bold prints.

Numerous designers in David Jones' range also included hot pink dresses indicating it may be the new black of next summer.

"It's so nice to be able to wear a beautiful bright colour, or something beautiful, crisp and white," Kerr also said.

"They're the trends that are coming through for next summer."

Kerr closed the show wearing a beaded silver dress by Collette Dinnigan.

Megan Gale was in the front row at catwalk event and she embraced Kerr at the close of the show.

Gale also told reporters she did not regret retiring from the catwalk after 15 years as an international model.

"I've had the best day... I got to sleep in, I got my nails done, I had time to put a frock on.

"I'm thinking why the hell didn't I do this earlier?" she told reporters.

"No, I have loved my past career ... It's been a beautiful day and I'm happy to be here in this capacity."

© AAP 2008